Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve expanded to 25 markets and partnered with 350+ retailers across the North America. Our mission is to transform everyday life by seeking & solving seemingly impossible problems.
We're looking for a senior engineering leader in Toronto to help support the build of high reliability, low latency full stack software, build beautiful and functional interfaces across apps and web, fast feature development combined with rigorous experimentation.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build and lead a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of features.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of Software Engineers as well as some experience managing Managers
- Strong ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and the shipping of high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.