Design at Instacart
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients and the inspiration they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
The Ads Tooling Team
At Instacart, our Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey — from initial keyword search, to browsing aisles, through to checkout. Our vision is to offer brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers.
Designers on our Ads Tooling team drive the growth in Instacart’s Ads business by attracting and activating new advertisers on the platform at scale via automation, self service tooling, and effective campaign management. The Ads Tooling team aims to deeply understand advertiser marketing objectives and consumer behaviour.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking creative problem solvers that can untangle complex problems and deliver polished, delightful products for our customers and retailers. You’ll use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve problems and craft amazing experiences. You’ll partner with research, product, data science, engineering, and content strategy to identify new opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and lovable.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer/UX designer and 2 years of experience working in Ad Tech
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools and technology cross platform
- You love working in short iterative cycles
- You are a curious generalist who can drive the full arc of the design process with a cross-functional team
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; please provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
Benefits and Perks
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will support and inspire you
- Personal growth plans that let you stretch yourself or grow in new directions
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Great office in Liberty Village
- Free lunch in the office; fully stocked kitchen and snack pantry
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!)
- Instacart Express Membership
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.