We are currently seeking a Director, Catalog & Merchandising Operations to join our team. As part of the Technical Delivery team, you’ll have the opportunity to partner with large Retailers to present a best-in-class online catalog for both the Instacart Marketplace and Enterprise products.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be responsible for end-to-end management of onboarding new Retailers on the Instacart platform, including Marketplace and Enterprise product lines
- Provide direction and leadership to the Catalog Operations team, including attracting, hiring, training, and retaining high-performing technology Operations professionals
- Devise strategy for eCommerce merchandising initiatives to hit key sales KPI’s
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering leadership for implementation and execution
- Build and foster strong relationships with our Retail Partners to enhance the online customer experience and maximize performance for their brands
- Establish and maintain cross functional relationships throughout the organization and ensure effective communication and coordination within and between teams, and with senior leadership
- Bachelor degree in a related field, MBA is a plus
- 7+ years working in eCommerce Operations or Merchandising, or equivalent experience in Consulting, solving complex business problems with creative technology solutions
- 5+ years of people management experience leading individual contributors and managers
- Strong ability to balance business needs and a sense of urgency, shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experienced with online channel strategies, including full funnel, traditional and digital advertising, direct response programs, email, website, mobile, search and social media
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to build and motivate a team towards sound execution
- Strong analytical skills and sense of ownership
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive stakeholders
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.