We are seeking an organized, analytical, and highly motivated individual to join Instacart’s Trust & Safety organization, focusing on shopper fraud-related activity. The team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying patterns fraudulent-related activity on the platform, while implementing effective countermeasures to prevent and mitigate at scale, as well as ensuring world class customer support for affected customers. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, has a knack for uncovering unusual patterns and is passionate about investigating further to identify the origin of the issue. In this role, you will need to make critical & sensitive decisions quickly, while maintaining strong attention to detail and effectively communicating with various stakeholders (Business Development, Product, Engineering, Finance, Field Operations, etc). It’s important to understand that you will be operating in a very dynamic environment which requires always having an eye towards improvement.
ABOUT THE JOB
This role involves management of a segment of our Shopper Fraud team within the Trust & Safety org and will play a critical role in shaping the way Instacart thinks about and manages fraud across the platform, having ownership across the following areas:
- Shopper communication & reconciliation (Zendesk)
- Live fraud monitoring (payment card abuse, incentive/earnings/promo abuse, etc)
- Other (ATO, phishing attacks, etc)
Given the multi-faceted nature of the function, the ideal candidate has a deep understanding of Fraud across numerous vectors and can apply direct experience combined with a high level of business acumen to ensure that the Instacart platform operates with the highest level of integrity for our customers, shoppers, & retail partners and that the associated cost of fraudulent activity is kept to a minimum. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate & present information effectively to stakeholders at all levels, a deep-seeded passion for continuous improvement & scalable product/process solutions, and a strong people management background.
- 4+ years of Fraud experience in related e-commerce / marketplace/ on-demand field
- Direct experience managing multi-tiered teams and desire to help others learn and grow
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple KPI's, projects, and initiatives in a rapidly changing environment
- Anchors on data --- extremely strong data background; highly proficient pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc (high level SQL preferred)
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences
- High level of accountability and ownership -- driven and focused self-starter
- Strategic mindset -- ability to think ahead of where the company is at now and scale teams, products, and processes to ensure business objectives are continuously met
- Ability to effectively partner with multiple levels
- Strong cross-functional partner — effectively collaborate with various business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop data-driven policies, products, and models to improve performance across all facets of Risk
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.