As a cloud-native startup, Instacart continues to grow at a record pace. Both as a product and a company the rapid evolution and problem solving requires passionate and professional software engineers focused on the infrastructure. The platform team solves the challenges of this growth by introducing new technologies and architecture, and building a layer of systems and frameworks on top of the new infrastructure to allow safe, effective use by the applications team. We build the pieces that power the highest-scale, most modern pieces of Instacart’s products.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build libraries, frameworks, and services to guide access to complex infrastructure
- Work in partnership with application engineers to understand their needs and create tailored solutions
- Research and deeply understand capabilities and limitations of storage, caching, messaging/queueing, scheduling, and other technologies
- Create debuggable, observable systems with an eye towards excellent operational use
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- 5+ years experience
- You have particular expertise in one or more of asynchronous processing, service discovery, storage and caching, security, or service-oriented architectures.
- You have a customer focus. You are attentive to the needs of your application engineering partners and design solutions that fit their requirements
- You are experienced and professional enough to manage your time, deflect distractions when necessary and drive projects to completion
- You care about other people enough that you are thoughtful about what you say and open to feedback from others
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.