ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will use analytics to support strategic decision making for and performance optimization in the operations of our rapidly growing pickup business. You should possess superior analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to key stakeholders. You will work closely with our leadership to create and manage dashboards, as well as provide the ad hoc analysis and KPI reporting that drives critical decision making, and propels operational success.
Your day to day…
- Own daily and weekly analysis on operational performance and projects to continuously improve Instacart’s pickup service.
- Develop insights that can be leveraged for gains in growth, quality, and productivity.
- Develop and maintain scalable, automated dashboards and reports that benchmark and track progress against key operational performance goals and initiatives.
- Democratize data for our operational teams to identify and execute on opportunities.
- Understand root causes of what impacts performance and attainment of business objectives.
- Help our teams define structure around our wealth of data. Create new operational metrics, develop a deep understanding of how existing metrics are calculated, and ensure metrics source data is reliable and matches the needs of the business
- Develop models on large datasets to extract trends, measure results and outcomes, identify areas of opportunity, and predict future performance
- 3-4+ years of experience in data analysis, data science, business intelligence, or similar roles
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Proficiency in Periscope, Tableau, Excel, and other tools used for data analysis, visualization, and dashboards
- Data-driven with a strong business acumen and focus on analytical problem solving and data manipulation
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to turn data into a story for our leadership and business partners
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful business
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.