Design at Instacart
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients and the inspiration they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
The Retail Team
At Instacart, our retail design team delivers industry-leading white-label experiences for both our grocery partners and their customers. We focus on understanding the core journeys of our retailer's customers, from first point of contact through to re-engaging churned users. We also build the internal operational and business tools that grocers rely on. Bridging across those B2B and B2C experiences, we leverage human-centered design philosophies and lean methodologies to build, extend, and optimize our white-label grocery platform.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking creative problem solvers that can untangle complex problems and deliver polished, delightful products for our customers and retailers. You’ll use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve problems and craft amazing experiences. You’ll partner with research, product, data science, engineering, and content strategy to identify new opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and lovable.
As we are growing our design organization, we are hiring for multiple experience levels from Junior through Senior.
- We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience as a product designer/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools and technology cross platform
- You love working in short iterative cycles
- You are a curious generalist who can drive the full arc of the design process with a cross-functional team
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; please provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
Benefits and Perks
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will support and inspire you
- Personal growth plans that let you stretch yourself or grow in new directions
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Great office in Liberty Village
- Free lunch in the office; fully stocked kitchen and snack pantry
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!)
- Instacart Express Membership
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we’re like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different, and flavourful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighbourly employees work together to deliver our common goal: To make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.