The Care team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
The ideal Director, Customer Engagement is a dynamic, strategic and high performing leader who will partner and be the CX evangelist for Instacart and an asset to the appropriate layers of management across the organization to ensure CX is top of mind. The accomplished leader will have demonstrated success in developing and executing strategies to recover customers and protect the Instacart brand with a service recovery strategy for Customer Care. This role works closely with key internal partners across departments to provide and execute on the vision to improve the customer experience providing a Single View of the Customer (SVOC) data and tools to solve customer issues. The successful candidate will have proven success in driving operational efficiencies, have strong analytical, financial and strategic skills as well as the ability to build relationships internal and external to Instacart. Create and execute processes to identify general themes, measure, prioritize actions and improve CX results. Develop and track key metrics to measure customer experience and employee engagement in a meaningful way that connects efforts to revenue performance.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Actively seeks out, supports and drives collaborative thinking and problem-solving skill in driving results, thinking strategically and executing strategy effectively; thinking at an enterprise level; high energy, data driven and focused
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Develop and maintain ongoing customer-facing project status reporting
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Identify and manage project risk
- Develop leading edge strategies to expand our reach, impact, and quality of customer engagement
- Gain a first-hand understanding of how customers engage with the brand across all touch points and draw conclusions to continually evolve, improve, and optimize customer service
- Outline “the service journey” to achieve the customer experience vision, including key benchmarks and measures of success
- Establish metrics for defining our relationship with customers and define targets for the organization
- In collaboration with the leadership team, evaluate the existing customer service technology stack to better understand opportunities and risks, introduce relevant and value-add customer engagement functionality, and leverage appropriate emerging innovations as part of the overall customer experience
- Effectively manage KPIs and budget for the department.
- Define the customer experience vision, set and communicate team goals and strategy. Foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Guide the culture within Care to ensure customer engagements are true to our beliefs, mission, and values
- Create a nimble organization that responds quickly to our customer’s needs
- Expertise in customer experience with a proven record of developing customer facing strategies which drive customer satisfaction, tenure and revenue
- 10 years of experience leading customer facing teams in a multi-channel environment
- 10 years of experience building and leading powerful teams
- Demonstrated skill in managing people, high EQ, creativity, and a command presence
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job
- A collaborative nature with finesse in developing relationships cross-functionally
- Proven experience delivering measurable improvements to business performance by enhancing
- Experience managing budgets, forecasting, and productivity analysis
- Capable of streamlining and improving processes, and troubleshooting
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking and verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to travel extensively both domestically and internationally
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites
- College degree or MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.