At Instacart, we believe in setting up our employees for success and investing in their development so they can operate at their best, drive results, and grow with the company. We are looking for a Program Manager to be the primary owner and driver for employee Onboarding and Learning & Development (L&D) programs in Toronto. This will require you to collaborate with the global People Programs, HR teams and cross-functional partners to launch these initiatives. In this role, half of your time will be dedicated to facilitation and content delivery for new hire onboarding. The other half will be dedicated to the launch of L&D programs for Instacart’s fast-growing Toronto site.
You will need to organize effectively, communicate clearly, think creatively, challenge convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. It will require you to roll up your sleeves and dig in. While direct prior experience is always valued, you are fundamentally a problem solver and enjoy finding and applying the right solution for the situation at hand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and deliver an impactful and delightful onboarding program
- Collaborate with the People Programs team to apply global principles to local needs
- Measure the success and impact of onboarding programs. Use data to propose programmatic improvements and drive implementation
- Ensure all orientation content is current, impactful and makes a quality first impression.
- Partner with speakers on content and ensure a high standard of delivery
Learning & Development
- Develop and deliver engaging, creative, and impactful in-person, blended, and online learning experiences to improve individual and organizational performance and development
- Facilitate sessions as needed (ex. New hire orientation, manager training, unconscious bias training)
- Collaborate with Centers of Excellence to align global development and training principles to local needs
- Own and develop program reporting and administration, resource management, stakeholder management, planning, and communications
- 3+ years of experience in Learning & Development in a startup tech company
- Experience designing and building scalable programs across multiple business verticals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Strong program management skills
- Understanding of training principles, tools, and best practices
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of design thinking strategies, instructional design, resource creation, and communications for optimal adoption.
- Strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills, and will be effective at quickly establishing credibility and collaborating with others.
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.