Our marketing team is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on delivering quantifiable results. In this role, you will be responsible for getting more people to shop for groceries and other items using Instacart.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Brand Strategy to work on our Growth team and help bring our brand to life. We take a lot of pride in how we talk to our customers about groceries, from emails to billboards to television commercials. We are looking for a doer with proven experience who can unlock the human and cultural story behind every data point, challenge assumptions, inspire creatives and develop impactful marketing strategies in service of real human needs. To be successful at Instacart, you need to move fast, iterate and always be adding value. The successful candidate will be tenacious, open, imaginative, precise, analytically inclined, and curious. With a proven ability to use data to identify insights and build compelling stories, ask and answer different and difficult questions, inspire and support Creative teams with data, evaluate work, learn and adapt quickly.
This role balances creative, analytical, and strategic thinking, conducting rigorous analysis and market research to understand customer behavior, and using that information to develop marketing strategies and copywriting that raises brand awareness, drives customer growth, and improves Instacart’s brand positioning.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Collaborate closely with Brand team and Brand agency on producing a Brand Refresh strategy. Define what makes Instacart unique and differentiated, and how we can bring through insightful positioning and impactful plans. Including but not limited to value proposition, purpose, promise, pillars and voice
- Play an important role in implementation of the latest brand refresh strategy. Champion and work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to bring it to life. Articulate a structured plan to roll it out across the company internally and externally
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience to define our brand pillars and consumer messaging framework. Drive the development of brand voice and personality, partnering with Brand, Design and Communications teams
- Increase brand awareness & consideration to ensure an increase in consumer growth.
- Shape the core narratives within the growth team and bring them to life through content, high-touch events, scaled communication campaigns and other media channels. Advocate internally for a shared understanding of our brand purpose, promise & values
- Prepare customer facing messaging for marketing channel owners and create messaging strategy for key target segments
- Serve as business owner for all brand research and tracking studies partnering with Market Research. Analyze, monitor and report on competitive landscape.
- Collaborate closely with Research team on Customer segmentation work, evangelize our customers voice across the company through marketing and product work.
- Measure brand awareness/sentiment, leverage data & insights to evolve brand strategy. Grow brand awareness, affinity & engagement. Measure performance of brand efforts.
- Drive brand consistency across marketing assets and in multi-channel communications. Influence and guide partner teams. Understand how growth and brand marketing teams work together to drive results
- Oversee brand strategy for any new businesses and brands (i.e. category expansions or global, etc.); this may include brand positioning, brand architecture and naming
- 7+ years experience in brand strategy, marketing and planning at high growth consumer brands. Gig economy / Marketplace roles a plus.
- Your creative thinking starts with the customer and works backwards. You have led and developed naming, positioning and brand strategy for a global brand or product portfolio. You can easily shift from thinking big to rolling up your sleeves and executing smaller tasks.
- You are a talented storyteller, and with a proven track record for creating compelling brand architecture (purpose, promise, pillars, voice) that fosters and reinforces customers’ deep emotional connection to the brand. Can balance vision, creativity and business outcomes.
- Brand expertise: Deep knowledge of all aspects of brand identity, including typography, iconography, illustration, visual language and messaging.
- Experience capturing powerful human insights from market research and behavioral data to guide positioning and messaging recommendations. An uncanny ability to unearth business, consumer, culture, market and brand insights from data. Ability to turn findings into executable, strategic plans.
- Influence: You are an articulate, thoughtful, and persuasive communicator, and a strong advocate for our brand across both inside and outside the company. You are a storyteller with the ability to communicate complex ideas into simple yet exciting terms.
- You have superior narrative writing skills, are naturally talented in developing communications frameworks, and are able to clearly articulate multi-dimensional thinking in narrative format as you solve problems.
- You are a natural facilitator who enjoys bringing people together to achieve common goals, building an authentic sense of community and purpose
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and a high degree of comfort navigating ambiguity.
- Ability to discern the essential from the non-essential, are deeply trusted for your sound judgment, and excel at giving and receiving candid, impactful feedback.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.