The Logistics Operations team is responsible for monitoring daily operations in real time across North America. Each team member directly contributes to company priorities with a particular focus on ensuring quality fulfillment for customers, shoppers and retailers. This is a rare opportunity to work in a highly cross-functional environment and drive tangible impact at the company level.
As a Logistics Operations team member, you will also work to identify opportunities to improve processes through standardization and centralization. You will be challenged to make decisions on both a tactical & strategic level, taking calculated steps to prepare for and/or react to anything that may potentially impact fulfillment operations. Some examples include extreme weather, systems outages, marathons, expansions, and allocation of shopper memberships/certifications.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Monitor day-to-day fulfillment operations across multiple cities simultaneously, ensuring high levels of efficiency, quality, and execution.
- Support local & regional teams with value-added analysis and insight.
- Play a critical role in launch/expansion efforts through effective construct planning. & analysis
- Analyze weekly demand forecasts and align supply levels accordingly.
- Serve as the “air traffic controller” of operations by identifying and navigating multiple logistical challenges throughout the week.
- Actively communicate with shoppers to troubleshoot live issues impacting the supply chain.
- Provide critical feedback to and work directly with engineering teams to continuously improve system performance & execution.
- Act as liaison between regional and central teams to ensure alignment on key initiatives and strategy.
- Identify and research city-level events that may impede operations and devise effective countermeasures to mitigate.
- This position will have an alternative work schedule (evenings, weekends, or early mornings)
- 1-2 years experience in an operations, fulfillment, or supply chain operations environment
- Experience synthesizing and analyzing data to identify trends & improvement opportunities (SQL experience a plus).
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively with key stakeholders across multiple channels
- Impressive multi-tasking skills
- A hunger to spot inefficiencies and improve broken processes
- Ability to process information quickly and implement effective countermeasures
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly-changing environment
- Team-oriented mindset and willingness to jump in to help wherever and whenever needed
- Willing to work a varying schedule that includes nights and weekends
- Passion for the customer and shopper experience
Note: This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home