Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn’t fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
About the Ads Team
We're looking for a Product Manager to join our Ads team, where we are reinventing the way brands connect with consumers, incentivizing trial with savings, and optimizing campaign returns through personalization & targeting. Our products sit at the intersection of the consumer experience and enterprise (B2B) productivity. It’s a strategic area of investment for Instacart’s monetization.
If you’re looking for a big growth opportunity, we may be what you’re looking for!
- We are in “Day 1” of online grocery shopping going mainstream.
- We have partnerships with most of the top 100 consumer brands in the U.S.
- Our end-to-end purchase funnel data offers a unique advantage in personalization and insights.
What do we focus on? We build end-to-end marketing products connecting consumers with brands.
- Consumers - We help consumers save money with personalized offers, using machine learning to improve search relevancy and affinity rankings. Our platform can also help consumers discover new products through samples, recipes, influencers, and other rich media.
- Brands - We help brands reach new consumer audiences and drive greater loyalty. We collaborate closely with brand partners to prototype new offerings. We are developing self-service tools and APIs to better support brands in achieving their marketing goals on Instacart.
- Instacart - We improve Instacart’s value proposition for cost-conscious consumers; sponsorship revenue generated through our products is a key contributor to Instacart’s profitability.
We're building a team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You'll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
ABOUT THE JOB
What You'll Do...
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, operations, marketing, local markets, and more.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across customers and advertisers
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- A minimum of 4-5 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Ads product focus (eg, formats, serving, measurement, advertiser tools, etc)
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.