Our marketing team is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on one thing: getting more people to shop for groceries using Instacart. We’re looking for a talented Email Marketing Automation Manager with strong technical skills to join us. You will lead the technical operations of Instacart’s notifications system, work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering and Data Science teams to execute complex personalized marketing campaigns.
You are both technical and creative. You enjoy email development and know HTML/CSS well, and you also thrive on producing a flawless design, styling padding pixel by pixel to perfection. You are a perfectionist in getting emails to render flawlessly across multiple email clients. You’ve worked with personalization templating languages before (eg. Liquid, Handlebars or Jinja), and enjoy building personalized emails, push notifications, and experiences for users.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Go-to resource for technical implementation of a complex email program with lifecycle campaigns, batched adhoc sends, and personalized push notifications
- Build flawlessly rendering emails via HTML, CSS and templating languages.
- Coordination of email automations and journeys, including planning, asset gathering, building, approvals, scheduling, QA, and execution of test sends and deployments
- Work closely with our strategic marketing and CRM teams, as well as our in-house creative team in planning, developing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Help maintain the performance and health of the push and email channels with regard to audience segmentation, send times, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams like Product, Design, and Engineering to improve marketing operations and and efficiently scale the notifications program
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns in order to guide improvements and ensure current email best practices in the industry are being followed
- Setup A/B tests and complex multivariate experiments to understand impact and uncover new insights
- 3+ years of experience producing and building cross-channel email and push campaigns using marketing automation platforms such as ExactTarget, Braze, Iterable or Responsys.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Extensive experience with responsive email coding and best practices
- Experience troubleshooting cross-platform email-rendering issues and finding code solutions
- Track record of executing with attention to detail in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also able to collaborate and work cross-functionally to problem solve and drive projects to completion
- You’ve worked with templating languages before, like Liquid, Handlebars or Jinja
- You have experience building experiences with deeplink technologies such as Branch
- Experience with APIs and webhooks
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.