Instacart’s Operations Strategy team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve our toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to drive national impact for a fast growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Operations, Product, and Analytics teams.
As an Operations Strategy team member, you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to solve for multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, just to name a few) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, and retailers) Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of literally seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and outs of a cutting edge tech startup.
As an Operations Strategy Analyst, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational: pulling, sanitizing, and analyzing data; applying critical thinking to make recommendations; driving those recommendations through to action.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our senior leadership team
- Get your hands dirty leading operational excellence projects of your own, turning your strategic recommendations into operational reality
- Represent “the voice of operations” as a primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Operations, Engineering, and Business Development teams
- 2+ years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, and Private Equity, or similar roles; MBA a plus
- Proficient in advanced Excel, and/or other data visualization tools to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions; proficiency in SQL a plus
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.