The Care team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience. The Care team is looking to bring on a Project Manager who will oversee large scale initiatives that help deliver the tools, products, and processes that allow our support community to provide our end users with the best possible experience.
As Project Manager of Care, you will manage critical projects that will shape the future of Instacart’s Care organization. This role is ideal for a natural leader who loves driving change. The role is based in our Atlanta office with 10-15% travel required.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage global initiatives to scale and support the growing Care workforce
- Deeply understand the architecture and integration points of Instacart’s community support processes, products and policies
- Manage technical project planning processes including analysis, documentation, requirements gathering, scoping, prioritization, change management, and closure.
- Work with cross-functional partners to improve the community support experience on our existing suite of products
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product, Engineering, and outsourced vendors to lead or contribute to large scale, strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Track and analyze key operational metrics to deeply understand the support ecosystem and help determine where to focus optimization efforts
- Use problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of work experience
- PMP certification required
- Agile/LEAN/ IT Service Management certification highly preferred
- Resource Management experience highly preferred
- Experience in managing matrixed and geographically dispersed teams and vendors (on-shore, off-shore and near-shore)
- 2+ years of experience working in an Operations, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Consulting, Project Management or equivalent team
- 2+ years of experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- 2+ years of experience doing business process analysis
- Experience communicating results of technical analyses with non-technical partners and leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Experience working with Project Management tools (e.g. Asana, Jira, Smartsheet)
- Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience working in a technology company or consulting firm
- 2+ years experience using SQL queries
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.