Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Growth Team
Our Growth team has been one of Instacart’s highest-profile teams recently, and will continue to be in the coming year. As opposed to typical surface teams that will focus on one area/feature (i.e. Search, Checkout, etc.), we focus on periods of the user’s journey to figure out how to improve and optimize the overall experience. How are we treating a first-time user? What about their second, or third time around?
Our organization is currently built into three teams across that journey: Acquisition, Conversion, and Retention. We prize designers that push for quality in a fast-paced, analytical environment, and know the balance between user and business value.
The Retention Team
Our Retention team is tasked with improving the user experience after their first order with Instacart. They examine ways or reasons that people may stop ordering with Instacart, and continuously iterate on? the product to reflect the value and quality that Instacart provides. Currently, this is through focusing on product areas including (but not limited to) recurring orders, our Express program and notifications, and we’re looking for a designer that can embody these customers’ needs.
- You have 0-5 years of industry experience in product design
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools and technology cross platform
- Love fast-paced, startup environments and are curious, willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end, with solid taste and judgment across both visual and interaction design
- Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- Pro-active and collaborative spirit among other designers and disciplines (engineers, product managers, etc), exuding a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Enjoy balancing creative and analytical roles, upholding design values and customer experience quality while delivering value to the business
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.