Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Ads Team
The Ads team focuses on building end-to-end products connecting consumers with brands. Across all of our core shopping experiences we’re building the next generation of native advertising products that help consumers save money and discover new products, and help brands find new customers, build loyalty, and drive high ROI sales. We have partnerships with most of the top 100 consumer brands in the U.S., and our end-to-end purchase funnel data offers a unique advantage in personalization and insights.
Ads Tools Team
The Ad Tools team focuses on driving ad supply and advertiser satisfaction. Our team owns the advertiser experience end-to-end including advertiser onboarding & growth, campaign tools, analytics, insights, and APIs.
Ad Formats Team
The Ad Formats team focuses on the design and placement of all ad formats that effectively drive customer engagement with advertisers. Our team also owns the infrastructure to serve and track ads including auction dynamics, managing ad quality, and ad tracking.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a product designer/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools and technology across platforms, mobile focused
- You love the fast-paced startup environment
- You are curious, have a strong sense of ownership, and are willing to go above and beyond
- You care about amazing consumer products and the people that use them
- You can drive the design process end to end and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing problem solving and visual design skills, strong prototyping a huge plus
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.