We are seeking a seasoned business development manager to help in growing Instacart’s partners portfolio by engaging with industry players across Tech, Telco, Media, Payments, Consumer, Retail, among others, to support achieving the Instacart’s core business objectives. The role entails developing partnerships strategies, sourcing and negotiating high impact deals, as well as managing senior executive-level partner counterparts.
The role requires extensive partner engagement, including regular travel to partner sites. Additionally, the role interfaces very closely with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Policy, Finance, etc.) and plays a key role as a main business counterpart for the Product and Engineering organizations.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop business development strategies, focusing on product and growth partnerships
- Design, evaluate and pursue new first-of-a-kind partnerships with various industry players
- Manage a portfolio of partners, including sourcing, negotiating, signing and launching deals
- Own the end-to-end relationship with partners and maintain senior executive-level contacts
- Drive business reviews with partners and ensure the delivery of sustainable high impact results
- Provide a strategic business and partnership perspective to the product and engineering teams
8-10 years of business development or partnerships experience in tech or related industries
Experience in negotiating non-standard business or corporate development agreements
Track record in managing complex partners at senior executive-levels
Strong analytical skills and demonstrated strategic and financial acumen
Consulting or Investment Banking experience is a strong plus
MBA degree preferred but not required
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.