We're looking for experienced Engineers to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
At Instacart, we hold ourselves greatly responsible for protecting our customers', shoppers', partners' data and provide a secure platform to shop. As one of the early members of the security team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical and soft skills, in not just security, but engineering overall. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time, all of the time.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build, deploy and maintain tools to help with security intrusion detection, audit, and response.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, automating the investigation and/or remediation where possible
- Conduct application design and code reviews on an ongoing basis
- Help identify risk patterns and offer proactive defense suggestions
- Create, review and maintain RBAC policies across AWS, GCP and Kubernetes in line with the principles of least privilege
- Work with stakeholders across the organization, provide security training and outreach to our internal development teams to achieve a consistently high security bar
- Travel to our SF headquarters, as needed
- Experience with Python and/or Go or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Security (AWS/GCP) and SOA patterns
- Solid understanding of application security concepts and best practices
- Ability to understand application and system architectures holistically
- Dexterity to identify, analyze, scope, contain and eradicate real-world threats
- Experience with Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modelling and security testing
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA and SOC2 compliance
- Experience running bug bounty programs and triaging/resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.