As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will draw on your customer-facing skills, relationship building abilities, and technical acumen to help our retailers successfully navigate the platform. Through ownership of a dedicated number of retailer accounts, you effectively support and lead all technical conversations. This role is for a highly motivated and self-directed individual seeking an impactful role aimed at changing the way consumers shop for groceries via a cutting-edge e-commerce retail platform, and to work with some of the largest grocery retailers in the world on solving large scale business problems. This responsibility includes developing a strong partnership across Engineering, Product, and Business Development.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a member of the Technical Delivery team, as a TAM you will regularly engage with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Internally, you will be collaborating with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team, but also engaging with engineers and Product Managers on a day-to-day basis in our Toronto office.
- Lead weekly Technical Support calls with retailer(s) to drive discussion and resolution on support issues ranging in severity and environment (Prod & Non-Prod).
- Triage and drive resolution on incoming retailer tickets via Jira Service Desk while managing preset business priorities and adhering to SLAs.
- You will be working alongside the following teams: Business Development, Technical Project Management, and Solutions Delivery. The TAM role reports into the Instacart Engineering Organization and is a fundamental component of account management under the Technical Delivery team.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience with 2-3 years of experience working as a technical or product specialist supporting enterprise solutions.
- You have the ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- You have incident management experience for critical issues impacting a production environment.
- You are independent and thrive in a self-motivated fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment. You have a strong bias for action and the ability to juggle multiple priorities. You can create a sense of urgency for day-to-day priorities requiring immediate attention.
- You possess the ability to quickly understand and translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences through your developed skill set of interfacing with external stakeholders.
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.