- Work with internal teams (product, engineering, release managers, QA, and more) to obtain an in-depth understanding of the three products and the documentation requirements
- Work with the rest of the Product Marketing team to understand and collaborate on positioning, tone and messaging
- Produce high-quality documentation and knowledge base content that is tailored to our target audience
- Determine and implement process and consistencies across all enterprise products
- Edit, standardize tone and style and update materials prepared by other members of the Product Team, including but not limited to knowledge base articles, release notes, dashboard guides, product documentation, and more.
- Closely track document changes and regularly communicate status to the team
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Knowledge of current technical writing methods, trends, and technologies
- Work in an agile development environment and have the ability to gather information from a variety of sources, including Engineering, QA, UX, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success and Support
- 3+ years experience working in technical writing of software documentation
- Experience in making complex concepts and/or technical products easy to understand
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Proven track record of putting process and best practices in place
- Highly motivated, with the drive to improve existing deliverables, initiate new actions in line with business objectives, and deliver results, often under tight deadlines
- Superb grammar and spelling
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Preferred but not mandatory: University degree or college diploma in English, Communications, Technical Writing or a related field
- Grocery and/or retailer industry experience
- Experience working at a tech startup, in eCommerce or in the technology sector
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.