The Instacart Care Instructional Designer will partner across the care organization to create learning solutions resulting in improved Customer Experience, overall Cost Reduction and increased Employee Engagement. Through a combination of adult learning principles, technology and creativity this role will increase learner speed to proficiency while developing core skills throughout the Care organization.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with internal organizations to develop training content for new releases and policy/procedure updates.
- Develop content for use with our domestic and international call center partners.
- Partner with training facilitators to streamline learning content for ILT courses.
- Build or integrate web-based learning resources – LMS and LMS-integrated tools; productivity software; web conferencing tools; websites, blogs, and other web applications – into face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses
- Work individually and collaboratively to meet deadlines and expectations set for course and program design projects
- Analyze training needs including task, audience, and content analysis
- Develops and updates instructor-led materials (participant and facilitator guides), develops interactive exercises and creates evaluation measures to ensure learning and transfer of concepts are taking place.
- Create and analyze skill/knowledge tests and surveys
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies related to learning solutions development and instructional design
- Ensures continuity and alignment of the training curriculum (i.e.; Corporate values, branding, leadership concepts/models, business strategies, etc.)
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency using Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Google Suite and a variety of learning management systems
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates professional-level ability in line with experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Technical Communications, Education, or related field
- Exceptional technical aptitude in Mac environments and ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology
- Experience working as an instructional designer in a corporate setting
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design principles and pedagogies applicable to online learning
- Experience building modules and courses within learning management systems
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.