Our Instacart Engineering team is seeking an Engineering Leader to partner across our Customers, Fulfillment and Catalog groups.
Key pillars of Instacart Engineering organization are Customer group, responsible for the Instacart order lifecycle in apps and website; Fulfillment group, responsible for finding, onboarding and retaining shoppers and providing the technology tools for them to help serve our customers; Catalog group, responsible for the accuracy, health and analytics of our Catalog data.
Admin tools span across multiple Instacart components and enable business and admin users to support Instacart shoppers and customers in the most effective and productive ways.
Highlights: Build high reliability, low latency full-stack software, build beautiful and functional interfaces across apps and web, fast feature development combined with rigorous experimentation.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Admin Tools touches many different components within the Instacart universe. You will have an opportunity to establish close and effective collaboration with other leaders across the organization, and help to define the most effective business processes and procedures supported by Admin tools.
- You will manage a full-stack (UI, business logic, persistence, AI) engineering team and manage the development of features and infrastructure.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You are a technical manager, who will provide guidance, and support to the team, including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership, teamwork, and empathy that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.