Our Instacart Engineering team is seeking leaders in our Fulfillment organization.
About our Fulfillment team: The Fulfillment Group is responsible for finding, onboarding and retaining shoppers and providing the technology tools for them to help serve our customers. Forecasting capacity and availability then delivery of millions of orders. The group consists of multiple cross-functional teams that
each contribute directly to our company's goals. The product surface area includes the mobile apps for our shoppers and the logistics and routing systems that deliver the goods for our customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will own one or more business-critical systems, and working closely with cross-functional partners will participate in developing the engineering
vision and roadmaps for your organization.
- You will manage multiple multidisciplinary teams including other engineering managers and be responsible for your organization's productivity, system
health, and impact.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review
- You will hire and grow your teams with superior engineering talent, and coach and improve performance of existing engineers in your org.
- You will directly assist senior engineering leaders in decision making for the broader engineering organization.
- You will work with the leaders in your organization to set up the culture of ownership, teamwork and empathy that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering OR equivalent work experience
- People management experience, including managing other managersThe ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup environment
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.