We're looking for seasoned Engineers with experience in data processing to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
We love Full-Stack Engineers, not only capable of building a solution but owning the problem end to end. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be part of a distributed team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Large-scale data processing (moving hundreds of GBs of data)
- Building resilient & highly available systems
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Real-time processing tools such as Apache Spark, Storm, Flink, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.
- Data warehousing platforms such as Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, BigQuery, etc.
- Nice-to-have: Python, Ruby
- 8+ years relevant exp. working with data processing & ETL domains
- Excited by constantly learning new technologies & skillsets - thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Ownership over systems and team that you work on
- Advocate for improving software & process
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including infrastructure and other product teams across the company to deliver a consistently great user experience.
- As part of a core/critical business function, be able to produce good written technical documentation as an effective means of communication with the rest of the organization
- Be ready to lead the planning, design, implementation, rollout and operation of a feature
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.