The Cloud Foundations team at Instacart owns all of the foundational infrastructure that other Engineering teams use to run their services, including our public cloud providers, our edge and ingress systems, secrets management, and observability, along with IAM and our Infrastructure as Code model. We also provide the tooling for ongoing economic analysis and optimization of our cloud spend. Instacart is a cloud-native company so this team’s work is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an experienced leader with strong hands-on technical skills as well as excellent management capabilities to take this team to continued success!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build and lead a diverse team of world-class Infrastructure Engineers..
- Work with other teams around Engineering to understand their systems and their challenges and identify how your team can improve our cloud foundation systems to reduce friction for and provide more value to them.
- Build, prioritize, communicate, and drive the roadmap for your team.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for your team and others.
- Grow and develop the individuals on your team.
- You have 2+ years of experience leading an Infrastructure or SRE team in a production operations context on a public cloud foundation.
- You have experience solving infrastructure problems with software.
- You can recruit, hire, and build a team.
- You are invested in the career development and growth of the members of your team.
- You have a big-picture perspective on systems and tools.
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and reliability practices.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.