We are looking for an IT Engineer dedicated to delivering a frictionless experience to our users. We believe in maximizing the potential for automation, and working cross-departmentally to create smooth processes that empower the people at Instacart to do their best work. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of our fleet, with a particular focus on Windows.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Research, evaluate, and implement Windows Desktop engineering designs and standards following industry best practices and compliance norms
- Build automated, secure services with a self-service lens to enable our employees
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to core Windows infrastructure
- Ensure that current and planned technical solutions are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives.
- Work with the IT and Security teams to drive better security practices across our applications and to provide training, documentation, and learning opportunities
- Provide technical expertise and operational assistance to other IT and Business groups.
- Self motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- A strong sense of ownership
- You’ve built and maintained Windows fleet at scale
- You have thorough knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft development environments.
- You are comfortable with Mac and modern identity management to be on the IT Engineering on-call rotation.
- You work cross-functionally with teams to better understand their needs and implement solutions that help them work better
- You prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- You are great at communicating with all types of people and personalities
- You love technology and delivering great and professional customer service
- You have experience with implementing and supporting enterprise technologies
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.