At Instacart, our Mobile Engineers are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. We’re building robust, well-architected apps to simplify the complex process of getting our customer’s orders from the store to their door in an hour or less.
Our team is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join us to build the mobile apps at the core of Instacart’s business. On the customer side, our Mobile Engineers are tasked with building a flexible and intuitive app for all of our customers—from the technologically savvy to those who just got their first device. On the Enterprise side, our Mobile Engineers are developing white-label solutions that let Retailers build and maintain their own digital storefronts on the Instacart platform.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of the Enterprise Mobile team, you will:
- Contribute to the development of of the Instacart Customers App for Android:
- shipping new A/B tests and monitoring their results
- developing new features to customize the Instacart experience for our major retail partners
- streamlining the deployment pipeline, so our retail partners can see new updates faster
- adding additional partners, to help scale the business
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers; owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Champion the Android platform: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Kotlin and with Android SDK
- Deep knowledge of Gradle and the Android build systems
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment, running experiments in production
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Automated testing experience
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.