Instacart seeks a Solution Architect to own technical design and solutioning responsibilities with our enterprise scale Retailer partners. Solution Architects enjoy an exceptionally exciting career at Instacart; working in a fast-paced environment and developing relationships with enterprise-scale partners. You will thrive on daily opportunities to generate creative solution designs. In this role you’ll enjoy the satisfaction of being a primary technical stakeholder, a liaison between Instacart's Product & Engineering teams, and partner closely with a large variety of technology and business stakeholders. Joining our Solution Architecture team offers a unique opportunity to solve complex challenges as Instacart expands its offering into rapidly growing new markets. Solution Architects are laser focussed on Customer Experience and the Instacart Shopper Experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own end to end solution design, identify and build around system & business needs, generate solution proposals and drive their execution through to launch
- Build relationships with both technical and business stakeholders at our Enterprise Retail Partners
- Consult and coordinate with multiple internal teams at Instacart ensuring efforts between Product, Design and Engineering teams are well aligned, ensuring project success
- Be a technical expert on the scalable Instacart platform and external facing API’s
- Develop tools, processes and documentation with intent to scale our partnerships and continuously improve solution delivery
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Possess a strong sense of ownership
- Experience solving complex business challenges with external stakeholders
- Experience working as a Software Engineer or Architect
- Strong ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Experience in a client-facing/consulting role
- Experience with code/scripting/automation or data engineering (primarily SQL)
- Proven ability to partner effectively with Technical Project Managers
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.