Instacart's Trust & Safety team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying patterns of fraudulent or other risk related activity and taking appropriate action. In this role you will be responsible for executing on processes critical to ensuring the Instacart platform remains secure, safe, and stable for all users.
The role will include a blend of areas from reviewing transactions in real time to prevent fraud, identifying fraudulent activities/ patterns, and handling internal escalations to provide services through the Instacart platform and much more.
This is a full time role, you are expected to work 40 hours/week.This is a non-exempt position, you will be paid hourly; this role is eligible for overtime.You may be scheduled to work 1 or 2 weekend days, your manager will assign your schedule based on your availability. This is a 6 month contract position
ABOUT THE JOB
- Resolve customer & shopper account issues through timely email responses
- Conduct investigations to detect misconduct and fraudulent behavior
- Complete live/ historical data reviews with detail-oriented approach
- Execute on repetitive operational tasks while maintaining attention to detail and having an eye for process improvements
- 1+ years experience in Investigations, Customer Support, or Hospitality related fields OR strong academic record
- Strong communication and writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- Understanding of the gig economy
- Ability to make critical and sensitive issues quickly in a fast paced environment
- Operate within a high degree of confidentiality
- Proficient in Excel/ Google Sheets
- Basic understanding of SQL is a plus
- Weekends, evenings or holiday availability
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.